Dress: OVS | Shoes: SKECHERS | Bracelet: FOREVER21 | Necklace: TERRANOVA | Watch: SWATCH
After an hour of thinking of using ‘Queen B’ or ‘Human Error’ as my blog post title, I finally made up my mind. I chose ‘Queen B’ because my dress says “BELLA” and I want to write something positive. Most of the time, the subject tells what the body is all about. Simple things really matter sometimes.
Bella means beautiful. We, women, always want to feel beautiful. We are all beautiful but admit it or not, sometimes we find it hard to acknowledge our own beauty. When we look in the mirror, we see ourselves the other way around — “I LOOK UGLY”, as we may always say. Sometimes, we need to tell ourselves that we are beautiful because we really are. Now I’m challenging every girl out there to finish the sentence below. Just write down everything that makes you feel beautiful. Write as many as you can. I will also write down mine!
“I believe that I am beautiful because…”
…God made me and He said I’m beautiful.
…I was not afraid to cut my mermaid hair and try a new look.
…I know my flaws and imperfections.
…I am unique.
…I am an amazing daughter, sister, friend and lover.
…I am weak but I am strong.
…I know who I am.
…hatred is not my thing.
…I believe in what I can do.
…I am confident.
…I could go out with my bare face.
I have to end my post here before I could write a noble :p Now, it’s your turn! Feel free to share yours below :)
Since the Philippines is a tropical country, my shorts are my best friends for life! I sold most of my shorts when I had a garage sale and brought few here in Italy. And now I’m getting addicted to buying shorts again, as well as turning my old pants into shorts. Yes, I cut another jeans again and I brought out my creativity. Artsy-farsty!
Things you need: BUCKET, BLEACH SOLUTION, WATER
I think I cut it too short. My bad! But I’ll find ways to fix it :p Anyway, after I cut my jeans, I decided to bleach the bottom part of it. I used a small bucket because I want a dramatic division line. You could achieve it in few steps!
1. Fill the bucket with 1/4 water and 1/4 bleach solution, mix together. (Don’t forget to use gloves so it won’t damage your hands)
2. Fold the shorts vertically (I folded mine 2x).
3. Dip it in the solution. Wait for 30 minutes.
4. I checked it after 20 minutes and as you can see, the color changed. But I want it lighter so I waited for another 10 minutes.
5. Rinse it with water and then dry it!
Here’s the result!!! Yay! I’m into D.I.Y.ing shorts these days. I still have another pants to cut! Watch out! :)
Go make yours too! It’s fun! :)
Isn’t it annoying when your favorite shorts got damaged/stained? VERY ANNOYING. But in my case, it was my brother’s shorts that got damaged so I didn’t panic. In fact, I am very very happy that it got stained in the laundry. Lol. *insert evil sister laugh here*. I really want that shorts of his. See the pink spots? I did a little makeover by ripping it. Tutorial below!
In ripping the shorts, you’ll need: 1. Scissors | 2.Cuticle Pusher | 3. Emery Board
Here are the steps (full description of each number below):
- Basically, I cut the shorts first since it’s a bit lengthy. You should also consider the style. Decide on how do you want your shorts to be ripped. You could research or use your imagination.
- Cut it! Be careful when cutting. You could draw some lines if you’re not sure with your cutting skills :p
- If you are a first timer, I suggest that you should cut a small section inside first.
- Distressing makes it easier for you to pull the threads out.
- Threads are much visible when you reverse your shorts inside out.
- Pulling the threads could take a little longer but when you got the steps, everything will be easy.
Here’s my finished product! It took me a lot of patience. Haha. But for the sake of customizing my brother’s damaged shorts, I worked hard and put in my best effort :p
Since the shorts still have visible stains, I decided to bleach it. I sprayed some Clorox to the damaged areas then I left the bleach solution for about 30 minutes. Then ta-da! It turned out so well. And don’t forget to wash it before wearing! I can’t wait to rock my DIY ripped/acid wash shorts! :)